Sunday, September 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie






Before I get to the recipe, I just want to say that I accept all manner of gifts. Make this and you will want to send me diamonds and cash and airline vouchers good for trips to New York City. You've been warned!

This is my Peanut Butter Pie. I originally got this recipe from Cooking Lite Magazine. The only ingredient I left low fat was the peanut butter because it's the only one that effects the flavor. When peanut butter is made lowfat, the manufacturers add in sugar. All of the other ingredients end up with a chemical aftertaste when they are low fat or fat free. That's just my humble opinion. Make this pie and you'll agree with me!

The lineup:

1 cup low fat peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz frozen whipped cream
2 regular sized graham cracker pie crusts
chocolate syrup (like Hershey's)

Mix the first 3 ingredients in a stand mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and combine. Add in the frozen whipped cream and combine. Scrape down the sides of the of the bowl and mix a bit more until the pie filling has a smooth consistency. Pour half of the filling into each pie crust. Put the plastic tops back on each pie and freeze for at least 6 hours.

The pies will be mostly solid, but will melt quickly. Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

When you make these pies, serve a small sliver of pie and make sure you've got a large crowd to feed. It's so sweet that you can't eat a large piece before your mouth begs you to stop from sugar overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment