Friday, April 23, 2010

Peonies

I have been waiting for weeks for my peonies to break through the ground and finally bloom. I literally checked the spot in the yard where I thought the peony plant would come up every day for two weeks before realizing I was walking on the new plant.


Then the buds of the first flowers showed up. I waited and waited. How long does it take these freaking things to open?!?! And then I worked a couple of days at the hospital and this morning, I saw this:



Then, I wasn't able to stand it any longer. I cut those beautiful flowers and brought them inside. I'd forgotten how fragrant peonies are. My house smells AMAZING!!! Now before you become too impressed with me, I did not plant these flowers. I have simply managed to not kill them. Which, really, is very impressive for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment