Sunday, March 28, 2010

Garlic Chicken

When I married Ed, I knew nothing about cooking. Absolutely NOTHING!! The very first thing I cooked well was a chicken breast recipe I got from the internet. I may have cooked this dish three nights a week for the first couple of years that Ed and I were married. Ed may have insisted that I never cook ths dish again, for the rest of his life. But Ed is rehearsing for a play in our community theater right now, and our munchkins have given me no such proclamation. So, I can cook one of my old favorites! It's super easy and always yummy!

The lineup:

4 chicken breasts, trimmed of skin and fat
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (like Kraft)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves

Preheat your oven to 425F.

Mince the garlic and put it in a bowl with the olive oil. Microwave the olive oil/garlic mixture for 30 seconds. In a second bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Plain bread crumbs in a jar will work just fine.

Dip the chicken in the olive oil coating both sides. Then dredge the chicken breasts through the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides of the chicken well. Place the chicken breasts in a glass dish and bake for 35 minutes.

This dish is easily multiplied or divided. And munchkins love this because it's basically chicken nuggets in a bigger form. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment