Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ice Cream Stories

Big Daddy Awesome and I took the munchkins out for ice cream today because my brother, B, was working. Yes, that does mean I am unwilling to pay full price to eat ice cream at the ice cream shop. Why? Because I'm cheap and I don't really like ice cream that much.

The boys got their ice cream and were directed to the only open table while BDA and I talked to my brother. Since we hadn't seen him since lunch time, there was a lot to talk about. BDA and I took our time deciding what kind of ice cream to get. There was no one else in line, so we didn't worry about making our selection quickly. And then I heard far too much giggling and loud talking coming from the direction of my children. I finally decided to pay attention to the conversation happening between my unsupervised children.

Tripper, "Mmmmm, salmonella!"

Uncontrollable giggling.

Shocked looks coming from the adults sitting with their children who are quietly eating their ice cream.

Logie, "Mmmmm, salmonella!"

Uncontrollable giggling.

I could continue typing that whole segment, but you get the idea. They just kept going.

I went over to chastise them while BDA made a weak attempt to cover up his laughing and order his ice cream. Yes, I did threaten my children's lives. No, it did not matter one bit. I went back to order my ice cream while BDA's order was being finished.

The boys kept on with their "Mmmmm, salmonella!" conversation, albeit in a much quieter fashion.

Oddly enough, by the time I sat down to enjoy my ice cream with my little family, there wasn't a single patron left in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment